In the Willows...

In the Willows...

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 is closing...

2009 ended up being a mixed up crazy, crazy year... In someways too much happened for it even to seem real....

I met some great new friends, renewed and reconnected with a ton of old friends... I went on some adventures this year, that made me realize, you never really grow-up. Did somethings with my kids I have always wanted to do...and doing it with them made it even more special.
Watched the end of one part of my life, only to discover out of ashes... endings can be the beginning of something wonderful.

During the dark days, there were some people who I can never express my love and gratitude to, this woman, my best friend, sat there as I cried, cried and cried my eyes swollen shut... just sat there and held my hand... then she made me laugh... she picked up my kids and was there to help when I could not be in two places at once. She truly is the sister, I always wished for....
and the best damn accomplice in the whole wide world.... Paige....thank you.
My little brother, Todd and my new sister in law Sarah, what can I say you guys were always reassuring me everything would be fine, you kept me busy and were always offering help. Sarah, you were always there with your pockets full of hope and wisdom, I am so glad you married baby bro.
My other brother (the twin) Chip and his lovely wife, Shell... You, two always knew what I needed before I did. Chip you would just stop in to check on me and the kids, make sure we were safe and warm and offer your sound advise. Shell, you are a wonderful sister in law, so strong and caring, you bless our family.
But most of all, you loved my kids, gave them the time and attention they needed to get them through one of the most difficult times in their lives. Todd, Chip and Tim (my other bro) you all set examples for the kids as to how responsible men love and are devoted to their families. You love and treat them as your own, my kids are really lucky to have the three of you in their lives.
Paige, Sarah and Shell, your aunts, that my kids trust beyond anything, they both know they can come to you with anything and you will give them sound advise and help, I love that about all of you.
2010 marches in shiny as a new penny... I have a faith in myself that I didn't have at the beginning of 2009. I have an new understanding about the true gifts in life that I didn't have at the beginning of 2009. I learned to let go.....no hurt is worth hanging on to. If someone doesn't love me for the amazing person I am, than that is their loss, not mine (finally) If at all possible I love my brothers and family more than I realized is possible.
Some how, some way, with a twist of fate, I believe that true love exists and with that everything is possible.
So 2010, bring it on....


4 comments:

COFFEE MAN said...

three cheers for the witch !!!!

hip hip and hoooorayyyyy

two more Hips and A Hoooorayyyy

Six Hippps And Hoooorayyyy

"sits down exahusted "

NEED CPR LOL

Sarah said...

I hope 2010 is filled with blessings for you. Sounds like you have a wonderful family, and that is a precious gift! Happy New Year!

Callie said...

Happy New Year! So glad that you have your loving and supportive family. Hope the New Year brings you every happiness.

DayPhoto said...

No it doesn't!

Colorado Mom