In the Willows...

In the Willows...

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Finally, some stitching......

So, I have been able to get some time in at the sewing machine. I have been wanting to do a project with this fabric for awhile, a beautiful combination of browns,pinks and green. I fell in love with this fabric and picked it up on clearance when my local JoAnne Fabric store was moving to its new location, last summer. I also got to dip into my pink fabric stash to do the Star blocks... Yes, I have lots of pink fabric....
I also got new stockings done. This is Evans, but I got new ones done for all three kids and Evan and myself. I machine quilted the tops and got to play in the beads and buttons to decorate them. They are already tucked away for next year, so I guess you will have to wait to see them.
With the chilly willy weather it is a perfect excuse to stay inside and stitch....


8 comments:

COFFEE MAN said...

Looks Just how big IS evans Foot ?


LOLOLOL nice work

DayPhoto said...

Beautiful!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Callie said...

I love that quilt! I love the colors and fabric patterns. A beautiful, huggable quilt! I usually don't like stars, but in that quilt it totally works for me. Lovely!

Ed said...

Beautiful quilt, my mom did one in the same colors for my niece awhile back, she's currently working on one for a friend of my sisters...:-)

dibear said...

Beautiful quilt. :)

I'm just finishing up a baby quilt for my daughter to give to her best friend at her shower.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha yeah your a stitch, a big stitch in my behind! Jeez :P

Anonymous said...

anonymous person was Witchy's Daughter btw so no weirdness there

-PeaceWillow

Sarah said...

Fun projects! You did a beautiful job on the quilt.