In the Willows...

In the Willows...

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

In the works....

Winter slows everything down to a snails pace in the Willows... Why you ask?

Well kuz, its dang cold outside! So I have been doing inside things, sorting through junk... Where did this crap come from? Why did I think someday I might need it?

Please, Please don't let my mother hear this, she will be over in a flash..... What are you doing? This could be used for..... (who knows, but she will think of something)... So while she is trapped on the mountain and can't get to my house, I am going to sort, throw out and organize...

I believe my mom has a telepathic connection to us kids and as I am typing this she is pacing, at the thought of my throwing things out. She will never admit to this connection but the next time I visit, I'll get the stink eye, for sure!

With Evan's job he is out the door about 3:45AM, so he hits the hay early in the evening. This leaves me time with my sewing machine, so I have be getting some projects done, even picked up a piece of cross stitch that I have been wanting to get back to stitching on. I have the top of one baby quilt pieced and ready to quilt, good thing too, looks like she is going to go early. Then I have another baby quilt to get started, both for boy's.

Sometimes I think something is wrong with me.... I have to be doing something, all the time... I know most people take time to relax and watch T.V. in the evening and I can do this as long as I have something going on in my hands, like doing my needlework. I stitch and listen to the show, every once in a while glance up to see whats on the screen. I have started to watch my HGTV, again after about a year off (the shows just got stupid). Well time to get busy.....

5 comments:

COFFEE MAN said...

I call it "clutter Bustin" Our rule is simple . If it hasnt been used in a year , we DONT need it.

This has several times led to me getting stink eye from candle lady . LOL

Carolyn McNeil said...

I'm the same way...always working on something...I can't just sit and watch TV - I have to have a needlepoint project in my lap to work on. Sometimes I think the TV is on just to give some background noise...
Carolyn
http://www.stitchopedia.com
An encyclopedia of needlepoint stitches…

DayPhoto said...

I can't just sit either. No way.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpres.com

Ed said...

Same here, always gotta be doin something..
p.s. I got your package today..ROFLMAO! Check my blog ..;-)

Callie said...

Good plan! I have a lot of stuff to get rid of too. I'm not happy unless my hands are busy either.