In the Willows...

In the Willows...

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Local Paper was at the scene...

Here are their photos.... Nate when they rescued his dog, Dougie....













I cant say enough about the fire companies that responded, Trumansburg, Enfield, Ithaca and Mecklenburg. Our Vet, Ann Chaffee, was on the scene with in 15 min. of hearing about the fire with kennels for the dogs and cats. She took them immediately to her boarding kennel for us. My father, brothers and sister in laws were there fast, my one brother was on his way to a meeting in New Jersey, turned around and came back to make sure we were OK. Paige and Dawn were there helping. There were so many people asking questions, I just couldn't keep up and they were my ears, helping me process and answer the questions.


Our friend and neighbour, Jason that is in the fire department, met me as I ran into the driveway... I think he grabbed me before I hit my knees...asking me where were the kids and pets... trying to make sure they had everyone... He told them about the dogs that they hadn't rescued yet... he kept telling me it would be OK... He never left our sides the whole time.... He organized the getting of stuff we needed from the house.... He was our angel... He made a difference.... there isn't thanks enough...





10 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh sis... I wish I was there - I want to hug you and kiss you and rub your hair the wrong way George....Please let me know what you need so I can send you somthing!!! Nate, Sam and Evan....all of you!!! Love you girl!

threecollie said...

You brought tears to my eyes..... I am so sorry for what happened to you, but I am glad that people took care of you...I have been reading stuff this morning at other blogs and on news sites that renewed my faith in human beings. The bad guys dominate the news while the regular folks take care of their neighbors. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

DayPhoto said...

I'm so glad you are surrounded with love, it does help. Everything will start to come together, in time. Of which I know you know, but still there is today and right now and it is all over-whelming.

Colorado Mom

joated said...

So sorry to read about your fire. Thank goodness everyone is okay. I hope the repairs can be done swiftly and that you can get back into your hope with little delay.

Callie said...

I feel so much better after hearing about all the love and support you have from the wonderful people around you. Things will come together and will be even better than they were before the fire. Remember... take some time to be happy.

COFFEE MAN said...

hang in there , glad that everyones ok stuff is just stuff it can be replaced that may sound a lil hollow right now , but the most important thing is lives and everyones ok

Ed said...

Hang in there..:-)

Dreamer said...

so what happened?

hope everybody is ok.

cheers

R

dibear said...

Glad to hear you and yours are all safe and sound. Hopefully the repair will go smoothly and swifty.
Sending big hugs your way. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi hun...
Oh MY!!! Thank goodness everyone is okay..I hope that you didn't lose too much in the fire..Oh hun...How did it start?..I wish I lived closer so I could give you a hug..Anyway...here's one *BIG HUG*... You are in my thoughts and prayers..
Love

Snow X