In the Willows...

In the Willows...

Sunday, January 24, 2010

up in smoke....

I know its been almost a week since my last post and I promice I have a good excuse.

On Monday, the 18th we had a house fire. Thankfully, it was in the afternoon. I can't say enough about the fire fighters that responded, they saved most of the house and all the dogs.

We will be displaced for 6 to 8 months, about a quarter of the house is gone and half will have to gutted, the rest will have to be painted and all the carpeting replaced.

I am at a loss... We are all fine, the animals are fine and the house can be rebuilt.

I am at my friend Paiges using the computer, not sure when I will have mine replaced...so till then, please forgive me if I am slow to up date you all or respond to your emails.

Right now we are staying with my parents till we get housing set up. Days are long, we seem to keep plugging away... I know we will get there... trying to keep a smile on my face...

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Thank goodness you are all ok! That is aweful and I am so sorry! Ii can't even imagine what you are going through. I think my house burning is one of my worst fears. I wouldn't even know where to start to pick up the pieces! My thoughts and prayers are with you! Keep us posted as your able to!

COFFEE MAN said...

Hang in there , its a hard thing to overcome but you will . You are surronded by alot of people who care and have your back .

Look at it as a chance for you and Evan to "Build Somthing Together"

threecollie said...

Oh, no, oh, no, I am so, so sorry. Glad you are all okay, but that is just awful. You take care! Glad you are together at least to get through this.

Callie said...

So sorry that this happened. Great that you have family and friends to help. Take things one day at a time and remember to be good to yourself and take breaks to enjoy life and get enough rest. We were out of our house for over two years after an earthquake so I know it is important to take good care of yourself. Very glad that everyone is safe. Try and see opportunity and focus on that. If you can, the rebuilding will make for some great posts. I wish I had had a blog after the earthquake.

DayPhoto said...

Terry and I have been wondering how all of you are doing. This is probably one of the worst things to happen (next to a fire). Our thougths and prayers are with you. Call if you need anything. We have talked to Evan for short bursts and Terry said you and he has a good converstation. Still we are worried and concerned for you.

Colorado Mom

http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Heidi said...

Love you girl.. wish I could be there to hold your hand and help you through this... but I know you are one TOUGH gal and will get things done. Love you much and bunchs!! Kiss's to you and out with old in with the new!! I agree with Coffeeman... ;) love yoU!

Ed said...

I'm glad to hear you are all safe and sound. I feel horrible, when I did'nt hear from you I thought my comment offended you. Chin up Bubbles, It will all work out fine. Let me know how things are going, till then I'll be worried..:-)

Tami said...

This is awful...just horrible. I'm glad your family is okay. And what a miracle they were able to get your dog out.

What an absolute NIGHTMARE!