In the Willows...

In the Willows...

Monday, February 14, 2011

OK...Greece will have to wait....

Even with all my fumbling on the subject of Valentines Day.... My special someone,truly surprised me with a beautiful emerald ring... who knew how appropriate an emerald would be for Valentines Day..."The emerald is the sacred stone of the Goddess Venus. It was thought to preserve love". Makes me so gratefully to have met this wonderfully sentimental man...

My Aunt Judy stopped in to see me and bring me a quilt she wants me to put together for her. She was telling us of her and my Uncle Jim's frugal way of making their money go just a little bit further in their retirement. They now shop together, for this Valentines Day, they went to buy cards...picked out their cards....handed their cards to each other...then put them back...both satisfied with the sentiments that each other would have gotten.... My Uncle also picked up a bouquet of flowers, handed them to my Aunt...She admired the beautiful flowers, said "thank you" then....put them back.... So she says we've gone green...We now can afford to pick out the really expensive cards for each other... We don't have to throw them away...With the money they save on these occasions they can go out to lunch instead.... and I think I will have to point out they saved gas...going TOGETHER....

I think they have got something here...Genius.....

I was unjustly waylaid by the sniffles this weekend, so it was quietly spent at the cabin, just laying around, trying to breath....Joel's mom and dad came to visit and watch the Sabre's game yesterday...and Sharon brought me chicken soup...of all the sweet things...it was YUMMY...

1 comment:

joated said...

I like the story about Aunt Jody and Uncle Jim. They certainly have "green" down to a tea...I mean T.