In the Willows...

In the Willows...

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Some days....

your the windshield and some days your the bug....

What happens on the day your both... It's been one of those weeks...

Being the bug.... major screw up at work (Yep, totally my fault) and my boss was super sweet about it....But I can kick my own ass harder and longer than anyone.... I fowled the plugs in the snowmobile, last night....I have had major CRS the last few days.... the dreaded Valentines day discussion...I totally handled it, WRONG...then I had to fire someone today....

Being the windshield... Joel has been here all week... we have gotten to ride the sleds, watch the Superbowl... He has done some major organizational work...I MEAN MAJOR... and its wonderful, I love having everything in its place, but sometimes its a daunting task, he just sweeps in and makes it look like cutting butter...not to mention the other benefits of having him here spending time...because I miss him terribly when he is back in Buffalo...

Letting someone go, is the worst part of my job...I didn't sleep last night and I probably won't for the next few... It's something that is never taken lightly... and always considered heavily...but sometimes it can't be helped.

Well, I'm gonna work on getting some wiper fluid up here and my sorry bug butt off of this cold piece of glass...

2 comments:

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Awe, hope your week gets better! Loved the photos of your house. It's amazing! lots of work! Love your mom's quilt too. She did a lovely job:)

COFFEE MAN said...

letting someone go is NEVER easy . I have had to do it many times and I know that it can make an impact on a person . The fact that it bothers you is part of what makes you a good boss . Dont ever get callous to having to do that.

I am glad that things are looking up at home , I bet there is a place there somewhere for a custom handmade mandola at a great price ! " well for me anyway " LOL