warm and cozy

warm and cozy

Monday, April 25, 2016

Cabin life

includes all these little things that make it home for me.

Like this handmade broom that my daughter bought me for my birthday last year.  About a month before we knew we were moving and I had a hearth.

Every witch needs a good broom.

Cabin kitchen where all the baking love happens.


Cabins small but cozy living room.  Minus the sofa, which now resides in North Carolina with Nate in his first official grown up apartment.  I finally found one and it should be here in 6-8 weeks.


 A stained glass train made by my mother.  It even has tiny little people seated in the rail cars, an engineer driving with a tiny lantern hanging off the back of the caboose.

A shelf that I found the perfect spot for above the front window.  Holds some of my favorites.


A Larkin secretary that was passed down to us.  It came from Buffalo, NY to Podunk, NY by my children's great great grandmother whom was a child of Irish Immigrants who came from Belfast, Ireland to Buffalo in the mid 1800's.  She married the son of German Immigrants in Buffalo. Ida Thompson Hess. 


My tiny little yellow stepback that I just love


Window in the dinning room that my orchids seem to like since they decided to bloom.  Special place for my canister set given to me last year by my Aunt.  You can see in my photos the new curtains that took forever to decide upon.  I mixed lace panels and valances with Prairie plaid curtains and I think the mixture looks smashing. 


Why all the photos?  Well my phone died, dead as a door nail.  I was forced to get a new one.  I dislike having to learn new tech.  Samantha went with me and made such a great deal I could only do one thing, embrace it and say Thank you then try the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment