warm and cozy

warm and cozy

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Conversation with the Barnes and Noble Clerk...

and of course it was meaningful.. like you had to ask.... it could alter the course of history...maybe...OK maybe not but ya know, it was validating to me... that's what counts... its my blog..

See, I was buying a life changing self help book on listening to my inner voice (or the people who live in my head) and upon checkout I got a coupon for 10 dollars off a cheesecake... Holy crap... 10 bucks(how much is a friggin cheesecake)... so I asked the helpful sales associate "How much is a cheesecake?"   he says I don't know, let me check... They are 30 dollars.... WHAT???? for a cheesecake?? Yes, mam.  I asked him if he wanted the coupon, because I don't like cheesecake.. He said no thank you, I don't like cheesecake either..... I said really?   Do people look at you like you are crazy when you tell them you don't like cheesecake?  He, replied " yes, like I have two heads or something.... I said " I know.... I don't get it, whats so freaking great about cheesecake?"..... so off I went... knowing that I am not alone in this world of cheesecake lovers... I am not a freak.. I just think cheesecake is gross...

So listen here, all of you cheesecake lovers.... I don't think its totally off the wall when someone tells me they don't like liver.... I mean organ meat is not for everyone... It totally grossed me out as a kid watching my grandfather eat beef tongue sandwiches.... gag... So when I pass on the cheesecake.. let it go...

and as for Barnes and Noble... 30 bucks for a cheesecake....please.... that is worthy of the double take two headed look... ARE YOU NUTS????  Do you know how much chocolate you can get for 30 bucks.... I mean do you know how much chocolate I can get for 30 bucks?? See, I am starting to listen to the people in my head already... I mean my inner voice....

1 comment:

  1. It is insane, that price! Cheesecake factory is good and all, but really? I can make one at home that I like better for a lot less than $30. And besides, I don't really like cheesecake! Made me smile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete