warm and cozy

warm and cozy

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Anyone sleepy???

Finally...Master Bedroom photos.  I kid you not I have been looking for curtains and a bedspread that I like since 2011.  I had one that I loved prior to the fire at the Willows, pink flowers, mauve and light green stripes...I still morn the loss of that comforter.  It just pleased the girly girl in me.

But now I am married and this is mutual ground so I had to find something that I loved and that would not make Joel gag every time he walked in the room.


This is the bedroom when we looked at the cabin for the first time.

This is the bedroom today.

I was photo bombed by Miss Kitty.  I guess she gives the room scale.

I repainted the walls Navajo white.

I am drawn to traditional floral patterns and when I happened on a photo of a fabric on Pintrest. I loved it at first sight and knew this one was it.  This is Wakefield Jacobean Floral, bedding from the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.  To get all the pieces I wanted I had to order from two different sources.  It goes so well with the wood tones and style of the house and its just girly enough. I will love this for a long time.





This chair has a story.  When Joel and I were dating, I don't think we were engaged at this point, the neighbor across the street from his parents was selling her household goods to move into a care facility.  Joel purchased several things including the dining room set we had at the Willows that the new owners purchased.  One evening he went to his parents in Amherst, NY and this chair was out by her curb.  He of course went to take a look at it and saw that it had been manufactured in Tonawanda, NY.  It was a very sturdy, comfortable chair.  The fabric had seen better days but it was free so he loaded it in the back of his truck and it moved to the Willows when we married.  The chair was well worth having recovered and now it finds its home at the cabin.


No comments:

Post a Comment