warm and cozy

warm and cozy

Friday, November 25, 2016

after the oven is off


the party started.

 The few pictures you will see are curtesy of others.  I just didn't have the time, I was wrestling with a 23 # bird, a few ham's, over 10#s of potato's, I could go on but it makes me tired all over again.  The end was a wild success with 23 people full of yumminess and happy to be in each other's company.


My father in law coming to my rescue to cut the bird.  Joel always seems to disappear when its time to carve.  Totally suspicious.



Here you will see Nate came home (so happy to see him) but you will also notice this photo is taken in the garage.  Part of our big holiday plan, since our tiny cabin will not seat 23 around the table like our old home.  Our recent remodel included the interior of the garage to be used for family events (and my car).  We were gifted a very nice used Kitchen from Joel's Uncle Freddie in Buffalo that was doing a remodel to a new home. Pine tongue and groove ceiling and 1/2 walls. Yes, there is also a TV so that sporting events are not excluded, maybe some girl Movie nights, hmmm will have to think on this new development.      There will be more photos of this as Joel completes the transformation.

Joel's brother was in from Chicago, and the kids came back this morning to see the Buffalo family before they headed home.

Below is our snow storm from last week.  Our new green metal roof is keeping us nice and dry.  New gutters and metal soffits to keep out the carpenter bees.  I think my flowers are toast.  See my new door between the house and garage.  No more blowing snow and rain can come in underneath it.  I will paint it green to match the front door if we have a break in the weather or in the spring.

I am hoping to have more good news in the upcoming weeks, but we will have to see how things play out.  Times are changing, its time to move on and let some things go. Sometimes change is needed and good for the soul.  I know that I need some renewal and I am working hard to make changes that will make me happy and help set the stage for the next stage of our lives.  So wish me luck and I will bring you the results as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment