warm and cozy

warm and cozy

Monday, April 18, 2016

Changes have started

outside the cabin.

This weekend it was perfect weather to start the project list and first on the list was the bushes.

goodbye.............


I know they served a purpose but they were holding moisture in toward the house and I could not see out any of the windows and with my resent theft (one reason I've been on silent mode, more on that later) I was jumping at every noise and could not see if someone was outside.


As for serving as a wind break, I have several other ideas that will work just as well.  I will be planting more trees toward the road as to block the wind and the blowing snow.  The front will be changing even more.  We are going to relocate the stairs to the driveway end of the porch the railing will be solid going across the front.  As soon as we have our drainage issue resolved after the new roof, then I will landscape.  Right now I will just plant in containers that can be moved out of the workers way.

The neighbors were very complimentary and people were slowing down and waving as we ripped  out the bushes with the truck so it seemed like we had approval from everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that looks fabulous now,I love your porch,the bushes spoilt the view of your lovely home.xxUna.xx

    ReplyDelete