warm and cozy

warm and cozy

Thursday, April 28, 2016

It's dead...how did it move?

this is a mystery to me.   Last Saturday someone whacked (hit, ran over) a big ole possum out in front of the cabin.  It was dead, deader than a door nail.  How do I know?  Well, I went and got a shovel and Mr. dead possum hitched a ride as I pushed his little carcass down the road and nicely shoved him partly over an embankment (on our property) but not too close to the neighbors so when he started to smell to the high heavens they would think less of me.

So whats the problem?  Nothing accept when I went to roll the massive garbage can down the driveway this morning there sat Mr. Deader Than a Door Nail Possum.  I can tell you for a fact with his very FLAT head he did not walk there on his own.  So the question is how did he travel to the end of my driveway, Again?  Closer than the first time?

So now I wait......as I left for work this morning my loving husband was walking in the woods carrying a very dead as a door nail Mr. Possum by his lifeless tail deep into the woods.  If he comes back again....

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness,,,,could this be a different possum she asks,or is someone playing silly beggars with you!!!!,I shall await your next blog very impatiently to see if your possum has special powers that all dead possums must have,I bet you could not believe your eyes.Speek soon.xxx.Una.

    ReplyDelete