warm and cozy

warm and cozy

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

I read somewhere

that someone had never seen a sunrise that they didn't love.

It made me take pause.  Instantly, I remembered a sunrise I loathed.  The morning after my mother passed away.  I really felt pissed that the world had the audacity to go on without her and scared that I had to as well.

It's been well over a year and anything can still move me to tears regarding Mama.  So many things have changed but not my need for my mother and dear friend, it is as acute as witnessing that first sunrise without her.

I try to march on like the brave little soldier she raised and make the best out of the things I am given and smile.  I find I am happiest when I am at home with Joel.  I have no need or want to go out and mingle.  I have found that I prefer my world small, maybe it's just because its safe.  Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment