warm and cozy

warm and cozy

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

all signs lead to

Isn't this the cutest little sheep sign ever?

Here is an update on the front of the house.  In the header you can see the before with the bushes that really were attacking the house like the blob alien.  Joel was nervous when I said I wanted to get the front garden in.  He saw dollar signs dancing in front of his eyes and got slightly nauseous.  He still is not in tune with my frugal side, I did say "don't worry it wont cost much", but he didn't hear that.
So this is how the plant hunt went down.  We pulled into Lowes and Joel immediately had to go to the men's room.  I think he was just scared.  But when he came back he found me at the sale racks.  Where I found most of the plants I had researched for this planting areas lighting. I loaded up my cart with Hydrangeas, Daisies, black eyed Susan's, Russian sage, lavender, phlox, and a yellow flower, I had some hosta in pots at home to add to the mix.
I ended up with 18 plants at the register and it came to a total of 70 bucks with tax.  Yes, the sale plants look some what sad, but that is because they are root bound and need to be in soil with a place to grow.  So they don't look "blow your mind fantastic", now.  But wait till next spring and I will have that money I saved to buy something else!
Oh, and back to Joel.  The look on his face when I handed him the receipt, total shock.  He did confess he didn't think we would walk out of there for anything less than $300.00
The fact that he keeps bragging about it to anyone who will listen, priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment