warm and cozy

warm and cozy

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Roadtrip

We went on vacation for a week to Letchworth State Park.  It was quiet and relaxing.  Just what I needed before I came back this past week to hell week at work.

Joel makin bacon. #1 food group!

We try to make challenges for ourselves and this trip it was to cook only over the campfire. No using the stove in the camper.  I may never use the stove again, everything came out perfect.  I was able to get the fire going every morning from the coals to make breakfast.

See Joel's hammock in the poison ivy patch?  I refused to visit him there.  I am deathly allergic to it. 


We only had a few hair raising experiences.  A visit by a furry friend at 1:30 in the morning while I was reading by the fire.  Under my chair, brushing my leg and me only with the light of my nook.

Two nights later sitting in my chair Joel says "Tina don't move"  out of the corner of my eye I see the sweet face of a skunk.  My first thought is not for myself but for the German Shepard in the next camping site.  That would have been a stinky mess.  But he scampered away to scare the crap out of someone else.
Our site was not very level, no biggie except for trying to get up the steps.  I got my workout, totally!

All in All the Beckman's gave this trip a thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment