warm and cozy

warm and cozy

Monday, March 20, 2017

As we dig out

from the snow, I've kept myself busy.  I did miss a day and half of work last week
due to the snow storms.

So I cleaned and rearranged.  My new spring mantel.


I kept hooking...

I

I finished the small table top rug.  Yes, the jelly beans were ONLY for size reference.

the fact they disappeared soon after the photo, is of no relevance.
Karen from Waterloo Woolen's told me I should be very proud of my first hooking piece that I did excellent work. That really made my day on Saturday.

 I started a few small quilting projects as well


Rick Rack Roses, work in progress.

and this log cabin pumpkin in the process of machine quilting.


both will be small wall hangings.

We have been working on ways to cut back financially.  Next on the chopping block is our television service, Direct TV.  Out in the country we only have a few options as cable doesn't run out this far.  The price we pay for the few channels we watch is a joke so to save $140.00( this is just for regular, no movie channels)  per month we have been trying our hands at watching programs from the internet. we both agree its time and I usually turn on the TV for noise and never actually pay attention to what's on so I have been  not turning on the TV and trying to enjoy the quiet and be purposeful in my media use.  I have been reading a lot more. 

Samantha showed me how to use my nook to borrow eBooks from the library and I have been enjoying it very much.

Today being the first day of spring, started with a nice Hoarfrost and a very foggy ride into work.  I hope spring doesn't keep us in suspense for to long.  I am looking forward to seeing all the tulip bulbs I planted in the fall make their appearance.


No comments:

Post a Comment